We’re happy to announce that the next AppCoins Wallet Release (1.19.0) is bringing you a new and safer verification process. The release has already gone live, and will impact all of our users. Read on to find out more!
Our system is always updating and improving in order to ensure the best experience for the AppCoins community. With that in mind, we are introducing a new wallet verification process (2.0 if you will) — an even safer way for us to verify your wallet!
While the verification process was previously done via an SMS Token, users will now be asked to verify their wallets using a Payment Validation System.
How will it work?
After making a small purchase, users will be asked for a code, which can be found in their bank transaction details. This code will be then used to validate the wallet.
- Please note that once the validation is completed the purchase amount will be refunded to the user. The refund will also occur in case the code expires or if the user fails to validate the wallet after a certain amount of tries.
How to verify your AppCoins Wallet:
- Go to the My Wallet screen and tap on the “Verify” button. You can also choose to verify during the purchase flow.
- After choosing to verify your wallet, insert your credit card details to complete the required purchase.
- Insert the code found in your credit card payment description into the field that will appear in your Verify Wallet screen.
- Once the validation process is complete, the issued payment amount will be refunded. This refund will also occur if the code expires or if the user fails to validate the wallet after a given amount of tries.
- If the code is correct, you are ready to go!
If the payment details don’t pop up shortly after your transaction, don’t worry, you can always get back to the Verification Code screen. There you will find the “Insert Code” button instead of the “Verify” button. Tap on it and continue with the wallet verification process.
*Please note that the users who have an old version of the AppCoins Wallet need to update in order to successfully complete the verification process.